Both Dr. Fluellen and Dr. Roberts here at Fluellen Roberts Family Dentistry in Richardson, TX want to make sure correct dental hygiene is your main priority. Our staff is honoring September as national gum care month and we are here to tell you what to look out for.
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is the result of an infection within the gums. The early stages of gum disease is called gingivitis whic you mos likely have heard within our office. This occurs when bacterial forms to be plaque and causes the gums to be infected.
But, there is good news to all of this! Both gum disease and gingivits is easily preventable by the following reasons:
- Brush thoroughly with a soft-bristled toothbrush both in the morning and at night
- Replace your toothbrush every three months
- Floss every day- mainly at night
- Schedule routine dental checkups with our dentists here at Fluellen Roberts Family Dentistry
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products
If you are seeing any of these symptoms then call our office today to scheudle an appointment with Dr. Roberts or Dr. Fluellen at 972-231-8241